I know you might be thinking, has she really written an entire post about breakfast in bed? Alternatively you might be thinking that my hair needs a little bit of a brush which I would also 100% agree with but let’s just go with that you’re thinking the former.
And the answer would be yes, yes I have written a post based around breakfast in bed. I mean yes and no. It’s also about my recent stay in Farnham bush which was so ridiculously dreamy that I never really wanted to leave but mostly, mostly it’s about breakfast in bed.
100% sorry not sorry.
So, a few weeks back I headed to Farnham Bush for a little break with Mum Next Door i.e my resident photographer i.e the most patient person on the planet. We explored the town, did a bit of unintentional shopping and stayed at the Mercure hotel because you guys know that those guys are my fave gal pal for quick, easy, comfy stays so I was blimmin chuffed they had one here.
But yeah, we had such a lovely little trip and topped it off with a chilled out morning and breakfast in bed. So, shall we have a quick natter about why BIB (is this gonna be the new fetch, trying to make BIB a thing but it’s just not a thing?) is so amazing before I dive more into my little break then? Yeah? Ok fab…
1. When the options are endless and you almost feel like you’ve been given a billion quid to go and spend in Selfridges. Like…
“Do I want almond, soya, oat, rice, whole or semi skinned milk?”
“Hmm… fat fries, curly fries, cheese fries, crinkled fries… I’ll take one of everything please lad!”
You get the gist… and I have to say, the room service breakfast at the Mercure was pretty bloody incredible. From smoked haddock – no you brought the sass – to full english, to continental, they got it down.
2. I’m eating in bed and it doesn’t even matter that I’m dropping crumbs and egg yolk on the sheets because IT’S NOT MY BED AND IT’LL BE WASHED BY SOMEONE ELSE AND OHHHH WHAT A GREAT DAY TO BE ALIVE.
3. It feels like you’re pampering yourself doesn’t it? Take some time out to chill and relax and wake up slowly rather than setting a god awful alarm every 5 minutes to make sure you’re actually awake.
4. Did I mention being in bed? I have? Well I’m mentioning it again because for the 32482984th time, the beds at the Mercure hotels are just the comfiest and I promise once you’ve slept in one you won’t want to book anywhere else again.
(OK, that’s a very big claim so don’t hold me to that but you will love it).
5. The entertainment. Like, do you go for TV. And then do you go for trash TV (Kardashians I’m looking at you huns!) or a documentary or a bad boy Netflix series? Or, do you push the boat out and watch a film? THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS MY FRIENDS.
6. No need to get ready and look presentable, you can look like a total slob and it’s absolutely fine. I repeat, you can look like a total slob and it’s absolutely fine!
7. You can create your own little home from home (just without the cleaning up after yourself). I’ve always loved how comfy and chilled Mercure hotels are and Farnham Bush might have been my favourite yet. The staff were amazing, the food spot on *insert hands in the air emoji here*, the hotel and lobby/chill areas beautiful and the area itself… just stunning!