Ahhhhh it’s the post that you’ve all (not even mildly) been waiting for. For anyone that follows me on Insta or Youtube (@ellenextdoor if you don’t, get involved lads), you might’ve seen me bang on about the best triple chocolate cookies of all time. I know it sounds dramatic, especially coming from the girl that can burn water, but these are genuinely sensational. Even my brother – shoutout James – who is the biggest cookie addict of all time, said they’re the best he’s ever had, and believe me when I say, you won’t see a bigger compliment than that.
So, without further ado, let’s bake some goddamn motherf**kin cookies.
Or, you know, look at pics of me making the cookies and you can go and follow! Also, a quick shoutout to Tanya burr who’s recipe mine was inspired by, I just changed up some ingredients and adjusted quantities to make gluten free but I was absolutely inspired by her recipe.
– Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees C and line two large baking trays with greaseproof baking.
– Cream together (that means mix for any non-bakers, I had no idea either) the butter and the sugar until they’re combined.
– Crack the egg in and mix through before adding the flour and the cocoa powder. I like to sieve in the flour in stages to make it easier to combine. If your mixture feels a little dry, you can add in a dash of milk but you shouldn’t need much at all.
– Break up your chocolate and mix it into your dough, I like to leave the chocolate quite chunky but feel free to do it however you like.
– Roll out the dough and roll together your cookies. I get 10 out of my dough so they’re big, thick, chunky cookies. Place them on your tray and be sure to leave space in between as they expand a lot!
– Place them into the oven for exactly 11 minutes, no more, no less. They won’t look completely cooked when you take them out, but you have to leave them to set. I personally leave them for an hour but I’d say as long as you’re doing it for at least 30/40 mins, then you’re good to go.
Whack the kettle on, make yourself a cuppa or your drink of choice and enjoy. Maybe take a smug pic to post on your instagram stories too 😉
I’d love to know if you make them, and if you do put anything on socials, don’t forget to tag me so I can see <3